Wednesday 11 February 2015

Florist // Hobby // Birthday celebration!

hey;))

BEEN SO BUSYYYY!!! Anyway, finally started work as a florist!! Ok errr actually I'm just doing till the end of Feb since they want commitment which I can't provide and I feel bad :((( The pay isn't that good IMO since I have to travel all the way to Orchard too, so I'll just quit.

Floral Obsession* @ Scotts Square by K+

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

^ Floral Obsession is a pop up curatorial florist store in Scotts Square by K+, which is this company that provides a curatorial space for artists to showcase their works and sell them. PERFECT FOR ARTSY PEOPLE. Chris (the florist) is  A FREAKING TALENTED FLORIST I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING!! He didn't even go for flower arrangement classes and did everything based on his instincts. PLUS flower arrangement is his hobby, so basically he's making a living out of his hobby. SO JEALOUS!!!

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Anyway, worked for 2 days there, and that place is ATAS. Been washing the vases and learning abit of admin stuff like Excel (been forever since I've touched excel)! But on day 2 I actually watched someone doing a flower arrangement for the first time in my life! I feel super privileged!! Somemore it's by some talented guy ;))

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Watching him arrange flowers makes me feel so happy. The way he thinks about how to design the arrangement, the way he uses his imagination to think of creative ways to use different types of flowers intrigues me. (And since I don't really have alot of stuff to do), I've been thinking if I will ever be so devoted to something in my life. Even though I can't really appreciate those arrangements (I am not artsy), but everything has his mind and soul to it and you can even guess what music he's listening to when arranging them. But, the arrangements are GORGEOUS. Legit.

[caption id="attachment_996" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset watched this from start to finish![/caption]

And I didn't even know there were so many people interested in flowers/arrangements!!! Maybe cause I've never been exposed to flowers (and the flowers are REAL EX) so I can't appreciate it \'_'/

[caption id="attachment_1003" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset PRETTY RIGHT???[/caption]

But yea and it made me think of stuff even more. What you study in university does not actually determine your career. Working hard for what you actually like determines your career. WOWZIES so chim!!! Learnt all these chim stuff in 2 days in a flower shop clearly I've been tamed (ok kidding) HAHAHAHA.

SO INSPIRED!!! <3

[caption id="attachment_1000" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset met a new friend from upstairs HAHA[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_995" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset and I got a flower which he wanted to throw away :))[/caption]

And he's damn nice?!?! Like the people working there are legit nice people. He bought me lunch for both days!! The kuay teow he bought WAS FREAKING GOOD. After heating up HAAHA.

[caption id="attachment_993" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset I was DROOLING while waiting for this ._.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_991" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Forgot to ask where he got it from though![/caption]

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

OHOH and on the 3rd level is another store by K+, which showcases art by talented artists, but it changes often! This time it's by Keng Lye, who used resin and acrylic to make SUPER LOOK-LIKE REAL artworks!! Kinda scary how it actually looks like a real fish trapped inside!!! The art works are usually DAMN EXPENSIVE, which I wouldn't afford but there are actually people buying them!! (clearly I'm being introduced to the atas world which I cannot afford T.T)

[caption id="attachment_999" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset one of Keng Lye's artworks![/caption]

Random stuff ;)

Had a mini birthday celebration for Jan/Feb babies in MBS!! And the first friend I met there's gonna have her birthday soon so HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

[caption id="attachment_1005" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset MANGO CAKE WAS DARN GOOOOOOD[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1007" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Homemade coconut pie PLZ DAMN GOOD WHY PEOPLE DONT APPRECIATE?!?![/caption]

Have a great day!! ;))

Luv, Olliee

No comments:

Post a Comment