Thursday 19 February 2015

CNY eve // Florist [Last Day] // First Lou Hei of 2015 // Reunion Dinner

hey ;)

[caption id="attachment_1070" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Chris![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1085" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset flowers I brought home[/caption]

Today's my last day working in a secret garden, and I can't help but feel really sad :( Well usually I wouldn't be sad to end a job, but this time, working at the shop was like a wonderland, a secret garden that no one can intrude except for like-minded people. Even though I worked for only 2 weeks, I've already met so many new friends and exposed to so many different groups of people! AND the main thing is
I'VE FOUND MY LOVE FOR FLOWERS

How cool is that?!?! Ok, maybe cause I haven't been exposed to flowers very often since young, and even on the first day I worked, I couldn't appreciate anything. But as time passed by, I slowly began to realise how therapeutic flowers are, and how lucky I am to have been able to work in this secret garden. Chris and Carolyn are also real awesome, and their view on life is also very inspiring :)))

So for the last day of work, I learnt how to make something that's for funerals:

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

It's really amateur-ish since it was a mad rush and Chris couldn't make it himself. Actually he was supposed to help save/improve my lousy work but the delivery guy came and we had to send it off in it's horrible state. But OHWELL, at least I've learnt my lesson on how to make it better!! :))

Got Malay rice for lunch today!!

[caption id="attachment_1073" align="aligncenter" width="660"]IMG_0736 ALOT OF RICE but DELICIOUS and spicy!!![/caption]

Chris also gave me flowers (actually maybe cause it will die if left in the shop for too long since it'll be closed during CNY), but still, they were GORGEOUS. Really couldn't contain my excitement HAHAHA. And adding on to the red alstroemerias which I got the day before, I have TONS of flowers at home <3

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Bought yellow tulips from him too, (luckily he made me pay cause I feel really bad without paying them), and he gave me this SUPER DUPER CRAZY DISCOUNT HAHA. And he just gave me all 10 stalks too <3

[caption id="attachment_1069" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Do you see tears in my eyes[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1086" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Tulips!![/caption]

AHHH I will really miss these people :'((( But I'll defo go back to visit!!! :)))

Reunion Dinner

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Another highlight of the day ;)) IT'S CNY EVE WHICH MEANS REUNION DINNER!!! Went to hihao's house for dinner with my other cousins, which is SO FUN. Finally I got to lou hei this year!! :))) Always love lou hei since we can shout random stuff and just go crazy for a moment, and then just picking out the crackers and abalone to eat!

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Dinner afterwards was like potluck, with penzai, and lorbak, and duck meat, and cold scallops all handmade by the fine older ladies ;) Doesn't sound alot, but when you actually eat it, the penzai already has SO MUCH ingredients we can't even finish our food!! And there was the saga of preventing flies from flying into the soup/drinks cause of the light's reflection. HAHAHAHA.

[caption id="attachment_1080" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Pen Zai by ji-mm![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1082" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset how about this x2[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1077" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Children's table[/caption]

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Chatted alot about uni life and games and super random stuff, and really so happy we could catch up again! (after a year LOL)

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

[caption id="attachment_1076" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Cider>Beer all day errday[/caption]

We also had a night tour around the condo which was REALLY COOL and the playground was super high-tech, with lights and stuff?! WOW I am really amazed. Next time all playgrounds would be like that LOL.

[caption id="attachment_1075" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset climbed up the top![/caption]

And all of them were amazed at my wide lens HAHAAHAH SERIOUSLY LOL. But it's really so useful!!! x))) Luckily I bought it wheeeeee <3

So much eating and catching up with my couzzies I'm so happy right now!!! :)))

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Have a great day ahead!!! <3

Luv, Olliee

No comments:

Post a Comment