Tuesday 10 February 2015

IMH Volunteer Orientation Programme // Waitress $12/h ?!?!

heyy;)

Been a while since I've posted anything, SOZZ cause I've been so busy/tired after work that I just crash every single night -.-

ANYWAY, recently, I went to IMH Volunteer Orientation Programme to be a volunteer at IMH. I've always wanted to do volunteer work, and since IMH is the nearest to my house, WHY NOT? And it wouldn't take up too much of my time anyway!

Went to this place near Hougang Police centre for porridge, which was REALLY GOOD. Luckily I got my favourite fish porridge ;)

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Well, initially regretted going for it alone, should have dragged someone along with me, but I'll feel bad too. So I just went in like some awkward turtle.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

The orientation was BORING. Ok, maybe cause I didn't sleep enough and kept falling asleep :( We were briefed about the history of IMH, and what it does etc. But the best part was, we actually had ward visits. Initially, I'd definitely feel abit scared and unsure, due to the stigma of these patients. But after going in, the patients were actually really friendly! I even made friends with a few of the patients x) But I felt quite sad for them though when they started asking me about really personal stuff :'( It stirred me to be a better volunteer though!!

Had tea break, WHICH WAS OH SO GOOD. FINGER SANDWICHES. CURRY PUFFS. MUFFINS. ahhhhhhh DELICIOUS. Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Met a few new friends there, from different schools, and having different intentions of being a volunteer. Well for me, I just wanted to do something productive with my time and IMH was close to my house. HAHAHA And I actually said that LOL. Ohwell it was the truth anyway!!! :)

Waitress @ $12/h ?!?!

Met up with Shihui to shop abit before meeting with Laura at Clementi for our on-job-training (OJT) at a seafood restaurant. We actually planned the amount we'd earn, and deducted transport fees and decided to give it a go. It. was. the. worst. job. ever.

We were doing alot of stuff, and I even heard the other part timers said that $12/h is already being underpaid for this amount of work. AND it's even worse than a banquet -.- LOL. I would never do banquet, and of course we just gave excuses as to why we didnt want to work anymore. But it's true since our house is so far from Clementi!!! ._.

HAHAHA But at least we were paid $60 for 5h!!! BUT NEVER EVER GOING TO WORK IN A SEAFOOD RESTAURANT/CHINESE RESTAURANT AGAIN. Clearly this job is NOT for us >.>

If you hate clearing disgusting plates, never EVER work in a restuarant ._.

At least it was an experience for us ;))

Guess we'll search for more jobs so that we can WORK TOGETHER!!!! <3

Luv, Olliee

No comments:

Post a Comment