Wednesday 18 February 2015

Maxwell Food Centre // Tsujiri // Dulcet and Studio

hey ;))

Maxwell Food Centre

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Met Jasper after 1 million and 1 years for dinner and catch up, and we went Maxwell Food Centre for dinner. Since it was a Tuesday night, there wasn't alot of people there, which was good since it'll be really hard for us to chope a table. But anyway, I've never been there before so that was my virgin experience there! Heard that there were many food there which were highly recommended by the media, like wanton mee, ohlua jian (fried oyster) etc.

Basically, we just got wanton mee and ohlua jian only. I got the spinach noodles one, which was REALLY cool--green noodles and you can't exactly taste the spinach flavour! But IMO it taste like normal wanton mee, which I don't particularly have to go there just to eat their wanton mee ._.

For the ohlua jian, I. WAS. DISAPPOINTED?! It was said to be one of the top 10 ohlua jian in Singapore, and it's around $5. So anyway, the oysters were still cold, and some parts of the egg became cold too cause of the cold oysters. Isn't it just weird??? I was so sad at how bad the oysters were :'((( I feel so so cheated!! Never going back there to eat again >:(

Tsujiri @ 100am

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

We needed dessert therapy from our horrible ohlua jian experience previously, so we walked to Tsujiri at 100am for matcha desserts :))) Got the Shiratama Parfait for $7.80 with mochi inside.

[caption id="attachment_1058" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Shiratama Parfait $7.00[/caption]

Actually I realised I'm not a fan of mochi especially when its just plain, but the matcha ice cream was GOOOOOOD. One of the better ice creams I'm ever had, so guess it's really worth it!! And I loveeee the red bean.

We also got the O-maccha roll cake with the cream and all, HOMAIGAWD. FREAKIN' GOOD.

[caption id="attachment_1061" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset O-maccha roll cake[/caption]

This is their menu :)) I think all the prices at the outlets are the same.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Dulcet and Studio @ Liang Court

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset  

Since there was still time before going home, we headed to Dulcet and Studio to try their chiffon cake, which is said to be 'One of the best in Singapore'. The price wasn't that cheap too, so we just shared a slice of Orange Peel Chiffon Cake for $7.00. (no GST/service charge!) There were other flavours too, like matcha, chocolate, peach etc. They also sold eclairs and cream puffs there which were OVERPRICED. :(  

It's legit one of the best chiffon cake I've ever eaten. <3 It's really really REALLLLLYYY soft and moist. Wa thinking about it I can drool sia!!! If only I can bake chiffon cakes :( Haven't tried baking one yet but I'm really lazy and my baking skills are rusty so quite sure I'll be wasting ingredients making a chiffon cake HAHA.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

They also sold quite alot of other food, like cafe style, including pastas! Should have just went there directly to eat :( Travelling was so annoying, but for good food I will not complain!! :))

So yes, definitely going back to Tsujiri and Dulcet and Studio to try other stuff that they have, and no NEVER going back to Maxwell food centre again :((

Sidenote:

[caption id="attachment_1057" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Wanted to buy these Alstroemeria but Chris just gave me a whole bunch!! <3[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1062" align="aligncenter" width="660"]Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset 12mn NTUC/market shopping![/caption]

Luv, Olliee

No comments:

Post a Comment