Wednesday 10 December 2014

Olliee in Penang // Day 1 // Old Chow Thye

Hey ;))
My long awaited flight is finally here. (Not really LOL this is the 3rd time going back to Penang this year) I go back every year, and if you don't know, I'm half Malaysian (and I'm proud to be ;)) )

I went back to Penang in June and September previously, but since I have exams after the holidays, I always bring back studying materials and I have to study at night 😢

NOT NOW.

I can finally ENJOY WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD⭐️



IMG_1985.JPG



IMG_1984.JPG



IMG_1982.JPG



IMG_1981.JPG

Took AirAsia to Penang since the air ticket was on offer and cheaper than Jetstar (these 2 budget airlines are the 2 which I always look out for when I wanna get tickets back to Penang) and it's actually cheaper than bus tickets!!

The flight was at 1.45pm, and we reached Penang at around 3pm, after collecting our luggages. So basically it was around an hour. Last time it took 2h to reach Penang from Singapore, but now the ride has shortened😉



IMG_1967.JPG



IMG_1973.JPG



IMG_1970.JPG



IMG_1969.JPG

Really missed Penang and all the food here, so I really can't wait to eat!!! I'm VERY sure I have Penang tastebuds!

And another good news is that the Malaysian government is banning hawkers from hiring foreign workers to cook/be hawkers, 'to preserve the state's food heritage'. THATS FREAKING GOOD NEWS. Singapore was too late so I guess we can't do anything about it!!!

But one thing's for sure: AUTHENTIC PENANG FOOD WOOOOOOO😘❤️

Old Chow Thye

Yup, went to Old Chow Thye after reaching, and it's opened by my cousins (SO COOL)

They usually sell home cooked food, so it's not your usual cafe style. It's like a fusion of western and chinese food together, in an ATAS way.

The design of the cafe was really cool, there's this really vintage feel to it.



IMG_1986-0.JPG



IMG_1991.JPG



IMG_1990.JPG



IMG_1989.JPG



IMG_1995.JPG



IMG_1988.JPG



IMG_1987.JPG



IMG_1993.JPG

The menu:


IMG_2003.JPG

Had latte here which was really good, and my cousin's still learning cafe art, so it's still amateur-ish but compared to my skills, it's WAYYYY BETTER. I was literally laughing while doing it so it was really screwed HAHAHAHA (ok but I really tried!!)



IMG_1997.JPGWhat I did (with help from the master)[/caption]



IMG_1996.JPGWhat my cousin did (without help)

YAR I KNOW PALE IN COMPARISON RIGHT even with the help of a master 😭

OHWELL!!!

It's ok acting like I'm a super awesome barista is good for me hehe☺️


IMG_2001.JPG

And of course I went there to do some stuff!! Drew on the cake display and windows using chalk markers for Christmas!!! Really have horrible drawing skills but I tried my best with help from Google images ;)) it's not really obvious since the background is not a solid colour though 😢
Aiya whatever I tried my best la HAHA



IMG_2005.JPG



IMG_2004.JPG



IMG_1998.JPG

Had my dinner there and well, wanted to take a picture of all the food but my family just ate them :((( so I guess these are the only food photos I took LOL



IMG_1994.JPGSambal fried rice with egg



IMG_1999.JPGGreen tea cheesecake

ALL THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. Maybe cause I really miss penang food but I'm not even joking as to how amazing they taste. Especially the green tea cheesecake. IT. IS THE. BEST. I have a really sweet tooth and I'm more of a sweet type of person rather than savory (though I'd really like the best of both worlds) which is why cakes makes me even more happyyyyyyyyy❤️



IMG_1950.JPG

Finally got to see my ahma after a long long time!!! (Actually 3 months but it's really long!) oh and the left one is my ahma ❤️


IMG_1952.JPG

Really fun day today; can't wait for the next few days!!! And do go to Old Chow Thye if you happen to be in Penang to try AUTHENTIC PENANG STUFF YO hehehehe YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

Luv, Olliee


Wouldn't you wanna go out and see more of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment