Tuesday 24 March 2015

#THANKYOULKY

hey :(




As many of you might know, our founding father, Lee Kuan Yew, has passed away at 3.15am on 23 March 2015, as seen from the official statement here:

Once I woke up and saw this on twitter, I suddenly felt this immense grief pouring over me. Although I have no political views, or even any inclination towards any party, Mr Lee is someone I respect fully. Be it right timing or whatsoever, without him, we wouldn't even be where we are now. Without him, we won't be using our computers or the internet in a comfortable place, typing our condolences on twitter or on our blogs. Without him, what is us. Only now that I realised how much he has done for Singapore. Usually, most of us would take it for granted, but as we have a moment of silence for him, truth is, he so deserves all of our respect. 

For the past few days, there have been fake reports of Mr Lee passing away. No matter what, a person's life should not be used as a joke. Maybe it was a genuine error, but isn't it better to just wait for the official statement than assuming one's death? Scrolling through twitter really gave me the feels, and looking at all the #gwslky posts and messages from everyone touches me. 

He has served our country well, and he has done alot for us. He has build a country of excellence, a country of strength. But he won't be able to celebrate sg50 with us. 

My deepest condolences to Lee Hsien Loong and his family :'( 

And as the country mourns for him over the next few days, he would always be in us forever, as a leader and as a father.


Thank you for everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment