Sunday 22 March 2015

IT show 2015 // HAULS

hey;)

There's a IT show ongoing right now at Suntec City Convention Centre from 19-22 Mar 2015, which means today's the last day. There were a few stuff which I really needed to get, so I went with my family to the IT fair.


Since we reached at around 12pm, there wasn't as much people for a Sunday since it was still early. But as time went by, the crowd increased and it was SO packed that it was hard to even walk a few steps. But anyway, here's my hauls for the day:

1. Apple's lightning cable

I lost one of my USB cable, and my other one is in really bad condition, as it was bent too much till the rubber was tearing and the wire inside might not be able to connect well anymore. Especially when I want to charge my phone, I have to make sure that the cable is aligned properly and my phone is charging from time to time as it might not be connected properly. Another thing is that my cable cannot connect my phone to my computer anymore. Which I really have no idea why but it's been really troublesome to update my phone :(

Basically, I was DESPERATE for a new lightning cable.

And WEW I got one--TYLT's lightning cable.

TYLT lightning cable -- $32

It comes in many different colour and naturally, red is my choice ;) Actually its a little orangey-red, but it's still red so it's really pretty! <3 Another thing about this cable is that it has micro-usb, so I can use it to charge my portable chargers, or any Android user can use this. ;)

This cable comes in only 1m or 30cm, but IMO 30cm is too short. OH ANOTHER THING. This cable has a 1 year warranty, longer than Apple's warranty so I guess it's a really good buy! (and it's coloured, too)


2. WD My Passport Ultra 


Another desperate item I really needed. The thing is, I have 2 hard disks at home but they're all formatted for Windows, and for me to use them, I would have to reformat it. BUT. There's files inside which makes it a hassle to transfer everything then delete and reformat again, so I decided to get another hard disk specially for my Mac. 

My Mac has TOO MANY PHOTOS (all in iPhoto) and it's basically just the mountain of photos I have in my phone since I got it in December 2013. So in order to back them all up I would definitely need a hard disk. 
WD My Passport Ultra (White) -- $89

Chose WD's My Passport Ultra since it was quite cheap IMO and there's 3 years warranty, plus 1 year of information backup if something goes wrong. But really, usually these kind of stuff won't cause problems in a year. It'll usually take more than that to screw up. But it's a free gift nonetheless. It comes in 5 colours if I'm not wrong, and got the white one since the red one was quite ugly (sorry red). The pouch was red instead tehee (choice of black or red). 

I hope 1TB is enough for me as I have TOO MANY PHOTOS and it'll be a hassle to get another hard disk ._.


3. Xiao Mi's Portable Charger

xiao mi portable charger -- $19.90

OK well technically, this is my mom's, but my family charges portables and leave it in the living room, so if anyone needs to rush out of the house with a charger, it'll be really convenient to grab-and-go. (makes it sound like we sell portables) LOL

But anyway, this portable has quite good reviews from my friends, so we just got one since it was sold there. There were a few colours on sale, so we got a pretty metallic green one. This one is also 10400mAh, and it's said to be able to charge an iphone for around 3-4 times, so I guess we'll just have to try it!


4. Sports Armband


Sports armband -- $10

I wasn't really in need for this, and I've been contemplating whether to get this for a while now (like maybe a year LOL), and finally I've decided to get it. I guess it'll be really useful when I go for runs or activities! There were many colours on sale but got the black one instead since it'll be easy to match with any of my jerseys AHAHAH. 


5. Epson L355 Ink Tank Printer


OK, my old printer's dying, and this is like a MANDATORY item for the house. So we got this. It has a wireless function on top of the standard few functions: Scan, photocopy and print. Don't really have any views about this, since IMO it's the most worth-it printer for the price and function. LOL.


So here's my hauls from the IT fair, OH and the lucky draw was really cute.



V environmentally friendly too!! Just that I didn't win anything -.- sad :(

Anyway, missed NUS's networking session today since I couldn't make it in time._. and NUS was so far but omg I really wanted to go!! T.T SOBZ And it started raining in the evening so I can't go for a cycle :( OMANZ but anyway have a nice day :)

(I am very very excited for the week)


Luv, Olliee


No comments:

Post a Comment