Tuesday 10 March 2015

NTU / SMU Open House 2015



hey ;)


NTU

Last weekend, I went with YX to both NTU and SMU's open house to know more about the courses they offer and the environment of the school. We went NTU at 930, and the car ride there was REALLY LONG. It's seriously PULAU NTU LOL. But anyway, I think NTU is hugeeeeeee. You'll defo need a bus to get around the school!! HAHA.
IMG_1814
some stuff from NTU

Got our goodie bags ;) ;) first thing, and there were cookies and drinks and brochures, which made me really happy cause food > everything else HAHAHA. There were several talks by different faculties and booths everywhere. Actually the fun part was looking for people you know!!! Halfway while walking we'll see people we know which is actually quite funny.


Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
actually the bag DAMN CUTE <3

Knew more about computer science in NTU and actually I really don't mind getting into NTU??? But their CS is under engineering though ._.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Ok la actually it's really damn effing far but like, at least I get to study something that I want, and there are halls there so I'll defo need to stay there! Anyway, it doesn't matter if I go NUS or NTU cause ultimately, you'll be graduating with the same degree, so why not? And actually, NTU's campus is REALLY PRETTY. (haven't seen NUS' one though)

They also have alot of halls there, some which IMO looks like chalet, some looks quite old, but there's also some which looks JUST LIKE A CONDO LOL. Seems like they randomly allocate the halls to freshmen so we don't get to choose :'( except maybe aircon/no aircon or single/double rooms. Aiya but the condo ones really look quite chio!

But really, it's just the distance. What if I don't stay in hall?? Travelling time would be close to 2h one way (aka 4h to and fro) which is a TOTAL waste of time -.- AIYA wtv see how but so excited to stay in hall!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Went on a mini school tour on a mini bus and got to see some of the halls! WEW WEW

SMU

Headed to SMU after that to check out the school, and it's alot smaller than NTU but its SUPER CONVENIENT plus it's in the city area so ;) ;)

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
REDDDD

Asked abit about the Information systems course there which was really quite interesting and makes me wanna do IS too??? BUT I guess I'd rather do comsci, and it appeals more to me LOL.

SMU was really easy to navigate so we defo didn't get lost, and there's also Mr Bean!!!!! (SOYA ICE CREAMMMM) It's in the city area which is REALLY COOL and my couzzie told me that I'll be damn familiar with the city area if I study at SMU.

Well, bad thing is that there isn't hostel/hall, which I really really realllllllyyyy wanna experience at least once in my life, so I'll prolly won't choose SMU! :)

Actually, I'm quite set about which courses I wanna try for, so hope I do get it! :)))

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
full of stuff after open house (ft 2 random photobombers HAHAHA)

Can't wait for NUS open house too!!! EVERYONE will defo be there LOL since it's the only school with open house this sat ;) cya there then!!

Luv, Olliee

No comments:

Post a Comment