Friday 21 November 2014

Dental // Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip MnM's cookies

heyy ;)

Stayed at home today the whole day again, although I was supposed to go out for breakfast and lunch but some SBOL decided to pangseh both. SBOL if u see this i hope u feel guilty hehe. ANYWAY,  went for dental checkup at 11 cause its been more than a year since I went for a dental checkup. Kinda guessed it and I need filings :(( OWELL. Actually I don't really understand why people are scared of the dentist, cause I LOVE GOING TO SEE THE DENTIST. Maybe cause when I was in Primary School whenever we had dental checkup we go to skip classes and I clearly <3-ed that HAHAHAHAH. skipping school since 1996 OK KID.

BAKING AFTER A LONG HIATUS

So DAMN happy I got to bake today ;)) I think the last time I baked was a few months ago?? Baking today was soooooo liberating. Though it's something I do alone, I just feel so happy :') I really have no idea why LOL. And the baking websites I usually go to HAVE SO MANY UPDATED RECIPES I'M SO HAPPY. Lemme give a list of some I frequent ;) (they're really easy to make too!!)

Half Baked Harvest

Humming Bird High

Joy the Baker

Top with Cinnamon

Love and Lemons

Joy of Baking

Chocolate Covered Katie

Yeah they're really awesome bakers!!! Still gonna search for more baking websites after exams are OFFICIALLY over!!!

Anyway, baked cookies from Half Baked Harvest today ;)  ->Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Honey Cookies (original recipe)

But I changed some ingredients and decreased the amount of sugar cause I feel that recipes from baking websites are too sweet for my taste; not that I hate sweet stuff, just that they're too sweet I cannot take it :(( and the product was really good!! For me it came out as soft cookies but I really love them so if you do too, then this is for you!!!!! PLUS theres peanut butter, and chocolate, and I even added MnMs ;))) SINFUL DELIGHT

Anyway, this is my 'ingredients-tweaked' recipe :) Basically its around the same though HAHA

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Honey Cookies + MnMs + Less Sugar (you can decrease the amount of sugar if you like it less sweet!!!)

INGREDIENTS



2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (280g)

1 teaspoon baking soda (I used 4tsp of baking powder cause I ran out of baking soda :(( )

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened (225g)

40g granulated sugar

130g packed brown sugar

3 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk

150g creamy peanut butter

2 tablespoons honey

Desired amount of Chocolate chips and MnMs


INSTRUCTIONS




  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

  2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the egg + egg yolk and beat well. Beat in the peanut butter and honey.

  3. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chunks and Reese's Pieces.

  4. Roll the dough into scant tablespoon size balls. Stack two balls together and place them two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.

  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, but no longer. Over baking them is never good! Allow to cool three minutes then eat warm or move to a cooling rack to cool completely. (I baked for 13min or more cause it was a little too soft :(( )


[caption id="attachment_38" align="aligncenter" width="241"]IMG_6924 est mass of butter[/caption]

IMG_6925IMG_6929IMG_6928

Don't they look pretty ;)I couldn't wait cos i was rly hungry while making this hehehehe

IMG_6930

Had to clean up after that duh ;(IMG_6927

IMG_6909


DON'T THEY LOOK BEAUTIFULLLL ru hungry yet n_n

HEHEH they taste nawbad <3 a little soft but I just popped them into the oven bit more LOL

alrighty time to watch my drama!! (though I rly shld b studying)

Luv, Olliee

2 comments: