Monday 6 April 2015

SSDC (Woodlands): Driving Lesson 1

hey ;)

I finally went for my first driving lesson like most 18 year olds HAHA!!! :))) vvv happy now cause I got to drive a car x)

Anyway, initially I wanted to find a private instructor for manual driving, but I realised that it was really hard since I did not know any contacts. So being lazy, I just went for the school one, for ~$77 per lesson (aka 2h) during non peak periods.

Had to wake up really early to get there since my dad had to drop off my mom and my bro first, so I basically just slept in the car HAHA. Lesson started at 8.15am, and I was supposed to go to lvl 3 and look at the tv screen to see which car I'm using. I used car 40 for my first driving lesson and my instructor was really nice!! :)) So like prolly 5-10min before lesson starts we could start heading to find the car that each of us' driving.

At the start, I just sat in the passenger seat and he drove around the circuit once with all the other cars, then once we stopped, he started explaining about all the controls in the car and how it functions. Basically, more or less the clutch and how to change gear and stuff and prevent the car from stalling. The front passenger seat also had a brake pedal so the instructor can help to stop the car if anything goes wrong.

Well for a first timer, I stalled the car quite a few times LOL. Cause I kept forgetting to slow down when releasing the clutch which became quite annoying to me sobz. But when I got the hang of it ACTUALLY DRIVING WAS REALLY FUN. Went up to gear 2, which is actually vvv slow (but noob like me still not v used to controlling) but the car feels like it's in auto mode which made it so much easier!!

Driving up the slope was the tough part. I couldn't really grasp how to accelerate up a slope and not roll backwards but it was really fun and vvv challenging hehe.

And Ong was really nice to assure me that he can help me if anything goes wrong so just do it LOL. Which made my experience a little less stressful :) And he was really REALLY supportive and ask me to relax HAHA. Ok la I was a little tense initially but that's what all newbies go through, right?? ;)

2h of lesson ended real quick and I wanted another lesson but guess it's for another day ;)))

Still vvv proud of myself for learning to drive a car hehe actually imo this skill would be more useful overseas than in Singapore HAHA cause my family has no car at all LOL.


Alrightys goodluck to everyone learning driving it's really really fun and vvvv useful skill ;) Time to study for trial FTT goshh sobz ._.


Have a great day ahead!! ;)

Luv, Olliee

No comments:

Post a Comment