Sunday 15 May 2016

Hiking in Southern Ridges

hey guys!
SO I've written down a list of what I wanted to do this summer and the first thing I did on the next day after my last paper was to go HIKING. I've been a real slob for the past few weeks mugging for finals that I haven't even got the time to exercise/gym at all :< And now I'm going to get back to my fit lifestyle and finish up my SUMMER PLANZ  \ ^^ /

It was actually an adventure for me and I took around 3h to hike the area (not even the whole southern ridges)

Reached Habourfront MRT at around 8am and started on Marang Trail -- the very first trail to walk up to Henderson Waves Bridge.

Marang Trail
Entrance to Marang Trail
Marang Trail is basically full of steps and it's a vertical climb.

View when you have finished walking the Marang Trail towards Henderson Waves
I took my time to climb up since I had the whole morning and just enjoyed the greenery around me. Plus I went on a Wednesday morning so there weren't many people there!

You'll walk past the cable car station and if you continue walking you will reach Henderson Waves through the Faber Walk.

Faber Walk
These are binoculars but it seems like there were extras ; don't they look like ETs?
Henderson Waves
Met this lil' cutie at Henderson Waves
It's actually really cool how there's food for the cat and even a slice of fish for it :> Faith in Humanity <3 Going to Henderson Waves is definitely worth it as the place is really quiet and beautiful. (but if you go during the peak periods there would definitely be more people) The Henderson Waves is also lighted up at night and it's supposedly really pretty but I haven't seen it personally before so I'll prolly go once in the evening next time!

View from Henderson Waves
After crossing the bridge, you will reach Hilltop Walk. Basically, you can just go around and turn back to Henderson waves and walk back down to Habourfront MRT, but if you're feeling adventurous, you can always continue down to Forest Walk.

LOL look at this grumpy cat HAHA

Forest Walk



Actually IMO, going on the Forest Walk makes me feel like I'm crossing a long bridge over many trees and it's pretty cool actually. 

There're signages on what kinds of birds you'll see, what kinds of trees there are etc. However it's definitely not for those who have a fear of heights as the 'bridge' is actually q high from the ground, and the floor has holes HAHA.


It's actually a really long walk so do bring some light snacks to eat while walking! :>
(I forgot to bring so I was really hungry during the walk LOL)

Forest Walk
Apparently there is a Singing forest along this walk but I didn't really hear anything so ya :<


And I saw many squirrels!!!:>

                                      


                                      

Alexandra Arch

After that, you will reach Alexandra Arch which is an amazing infrastructure and it its an '80m long bridge with a curved deck and tilted arch like an opened leaf' -- as found in Wiki. Apparently it lights up at night too so maybe you should try visiting it at night :>

Alexandra Arch

By this time I was really really really tired but I wanted to continue since I'm already there, so I went on, and walked to HortPark.


HortPark


I was actually a lil' lost when I reached HortPark as it looked so new, not like the trail I've been looking at all these while but it was a really beautiful place since it was still new. 

Truth is, I didn't know where to go next and I was really tired (and hungry). SO I paced around for a while then realised that the only way to continue the trail was to enter HortPark and walk through the 'gardens'. 

Nevertheless, the garden was BEAUTIFUL and it felt really calming to see the whole place being decorated really well. 

got a really nice shot :>
After that, the only way you can go is towards Canopy Walk. It's a really long stretch so make sure you are prepared for it!!! For people like me who haven't exercised in AGES please consider carefully because after I finished walking my legs died.

Kent Ridge Park

Basically, I walked the wrong way and I went all the way into Kent Ridge Park before exiting at Science Park I. LOL. If you exit correctly, you should be able to exit to get bus 92 to an MRT nearby but I felt so lost I just walked around in circles inside although I was really tired. 

But really, once you get on the bus, it's the BEST FEELING EVER to be able to sit down in an air-conditioned area and rest. Next time I'm definitely gonna go on a hiking trip prepared.


AFTERMATH

lol. My legs really died after HAHA. My calves were so achy I felt like they were going to cramp everytime I exert energy on them, like trying to stand up and walking. Even so, it was really fun going on this random impromptu adventure to Southern Ridges and yeap do try out this route! 


Luv, Tingz

No comments:

Post a Comment