Wednesday 18 November 2015

Finals: Study tips

hey ;>

It's finally the finals season in uni, where everyone just chiong study all day err day. Even I have to mug like siao, and getting into the zone is TOUGH. BUT whenever I get into the zone I'm really productive (+antisocial +looks dao) BUT I get to study alot alot alot. And it goes on for HOURS. And I can't eat cause I'll get food coma LOL.

But these are some of tips and things I do when I'm seriously set on studying:

1. Plan out what needs to be studied on the day
VVVVVVV IMPT!!!! If you don't know what to study, it'll be really 'jerky' cause you'll need to think about what to study everytime you finish something which is annoying and disruptive :< And you need to strategically study since your exams would prolly stagger.



2. Phones aside
Really damn impt too!! As my phone is constantly on 'Do Not Disturb' mode (to save battery), I won't be able to receive notifs when I receive messages. Unless I get calls. Personally, I would think that calls are more impt than messages so anything important? CALL.



3. Light healthy snacks, don't overeat
Light snacks are my BAeeEEEe. Because I won't really eat my main meals when I'm studying, it's always handy to have some snacks on hand. Cereal, granola bars, candy etc will definitely be in my bag. Don't get chips cause you'll prolly get addicted and you'll definitely digress :< OH and get coffee!!!



4. Study with friends!
Actually it doesnt really matter whether I study with friends or not, since being in the zone means being in the zone, but whenever I'm with friends, I feel more motivated to study :> Like, since everyone's studying, I have no reason to slack off! And if I happen to stumble onto any question or concept I don't understand, it'll be really easy to ask for help :> Thanks guys <3

5. Find out the format of the papers
It's overlooked by many but one of the most important information of all-- knowing the format of the papers. This helps you to be more prepared for the exams and you won't get a shock when you get the paper :> (it happened to me before LOL)

6. SLEEP
Sleep is REALLY REALLY IMPT. It lets you become more concentrated, and the information would be absorbed much faster if you're awake and energised, AND you won't really need to reread as much :> It also helps to retain and process information you just studied so that there wouldn't be information overload, and you won't forget stuff you studied previously :> When you're studying and if you feel really tired suddenly, just go and get a 15-20 min quick nap to revitalize yourself. I find that a 15-20 min nap makes me more awake and able to study better.



7. Relax and DON'T GIVE UP!
YOU CAN DO IT ! <3 I have faith in you :>

Luv, Tingz

No comments:

Post a Comment