Sunday 11 October 2015

Day trip to JB // Things to take note

hey guys! :>

So recently it was my very first recess week in NUS which we are supposed to use this time to prepare for our mid-terms, but since I was in a dire need of a short getaway, Theresa and I decided to go on a day trip to JB.

Initially our plan was to go Bali for a 2D1N trip (or a beach), but due to the current haze situation in Singapore and my trainings and practices, we settle on just going to JB. The truth is, this the first time I actually went overseas with my friends for leisure so I was exceptionally excited about it.

AAAANYWAY, we decided to meet at Woodlands MRT at 10am, and actually, the trip from NUS to Woodlands is ~1h, so I guess it wasn't as bad. Both of us got there early cause we over-estimated the time, but since it was a Wednesday morning, there wasn't as many people going into JB as I expected. I exchanged 100SGD for 300 RM which I felt was more than enough for me.



We took bus 950 from the interchange to Woodlands Checkpoint and I was really amazed that the bus actually goes into JB :O (ok I'm really really suaku cause I don't actually go JB even though it's just right beside Singapore) It was basically a speedy entrance since the queues weren't very long. Since we had 2 shopping malls that we wanted to go, we took a bus to KSL first.

There'll be this uncle who would shout "KSL!! KSL!!" really loudly so I think it'll be easy to spot the bus. The bus fare was 1.50RM per person and you'll basically get a bus ticket upon boarding. The bus ride takes about 15-20min so we just chilled and talked on the bus ride there.




Sushi King

We arrived at KSL at about 11am and it's actually still too early (most of the shops were still not open yet). But since we were quite hungry, we went to get sushi from Sushi King. The exchange rate was about 1SGD~3RM so the sushi there were really cheap. Plus, since it was still early, there was practically no one and most of the sushi was not out yet, so we could get freshly made sushi! x) The max price for a plate on the conveyor belt is around 6RM+, so we basically took the sushi like it's a buffet. LEGIT SHIOK SIA. IMO the rice is not pressed tightly enough together so the rice would fall out easily whenever I eat the nigiri sushi. Even so, it was a cheap fix for sashimi cravings so I won't complain u_u

SASHIMIIII

TEMPURAAA


KSL is actually quite confusing for first time goers. The layout is quite complicated as there were a number of escalators there and we got really confused as to where the shops were at. TBH, the clothes there were cheap only if you convert them so SGD. On average, the clothes were about +-49.90RM which was still <20SGD.

The clothes there were somewhat similar to Bugis Street fashion, but they were still considered relatively cheaper after conversion.

After shopping and strolling around KSL, we decided to go for a shoulder and feet massage.





The massage therapist was really good and he really used force when helping me to massage. Actually, it was my 2nd time going for a legit massage (the first one was in Hap Chai, Thailand) and I felt really relaxed. But massaging was actually painful and I cringed the whole way LOL. Theresa was just laughing at me ._. HAHA.




Went for cream puff right after which was so so so good and cheap ;) but matcha flavour wasn't really that good imo :(




CHEAPPP

City Square

We decided to head to City Square after wandering for a little longer in KSL since it was already 4pm+. This one is the RELATIVELY newer shopping mall right beside the Causeway so it's really convenient to go back to Singapore after shopping there. The mall was quite crowded with many shops there. Actually, most of the shops could be found in Singapore, but some of the items there were a little cheaper than in Singapore. But usually for convenience sake I wouldn't bother going all the way to JB just to buy stuff which can be found in Singapore.

Crepe!!!

Got crepe from the stall that we saw first cause it looked really good!!! And it actually was ^^ it was around 6.50 RM each :)
Got Hazelnut banana chocolate crepe
                                             


It was mid-autumn festival season so everything was just mooncakes and mooncakes and mooncakes. And there were many shops which could actually be found in SG LOL. Oh but the HnM in JB is cheaper than in Singapore! (At least for certain clothes) HAHA. But didn't manage to get anything cause HnM isn't really my thing ._.

got this reallllly good matcha ice cream!!! <3



Went back to Singapore after that! :)



REALLY REALLY HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO GO OVERSEAS WITH THERESA <3


Oh so some things to take note in JB:

1. Don't bring so much stuff :) 
It'll prolly be a burden and you'll just end up suffering

2. Bring enough money
Decide on how much you want to spend and bring that amount. For me, 300RM was actually not enough if I really wanted to buy clothes. So bring wisely! ;)

3. Don't get pressurised into doing something
When we were searching for the massage parlour the people there were really 'onz' and very pressurizing, when we still didn't know which one was the one we wanted to go. But don't get influenced and take your time :)

4. Don't show your money in public
AIYA life skills: just don't anyhow flash your money in public. You'll prolly be the target for robbers/thieves (it's actually the same for everywhere lol.)

5. Just enjoy yourself!!!!
Don't get caught up with the exchange rate if you're just there to relax and enjoy k :)


UPDATE: anywayyyyy, I've finally finished my short vid :> REALLLLLY short but do enjoy :>
Have a great day ahead!<3

<3, Tingz

No comments:

Post a Comment